One of the biggest things that keeps new nutritionists from jumping on camera and building a relationship with their audience is fear.
Everyone’s fears are different, but most fears include…
· Uncertainty of what to say
· Where to look
· How to not feel silly
· Judgement from those you can’t see
And, also not being able to see who you’re talking to!
But allowing this fear to hold you back can have some consequences in your business as you try to obtain new clients.
Where to Use Video
When starting your own nutrition practice, there are strategic locations you can use a video recording to help build know, like, and trust with your audience. Those places may include:
· A 5-minute welcome video on the homepage of your website
· A welcome message in your new client on-boarding practice
· A “get to know me” recording posted on social media
As you grow, you may expand your use of video into areas like…
· Adding video to program lessons
· Doing weekly live streams on various social media platforms
In today’s world, the use of video is pivotal to growing your business. Sure, you can launch a business and be somewhat successful. But to truly scale…meaning more money for less time…you’ll need to leverage video in your marketing and in your nutrition/ herbal practice.
Being on Camera
If you're anything like me, you hide as soon as someone pulls out a camera. I don’t like having my picture taken but I get on a live social media feed and be A.O.K.
It took practice. A lot of practice, if I’m being honest.
In the video below, I share some tips on how to…
· Get more comfortable not knowing who’s watching you
· Set up a simple recording area
· Focus your attention when recording or doing a live stream
And, I share how to practice, practice, practice without anyone seeing you at all.
Have a watch and make sure you leave a comment letting me know how you’re going to start using video in your nutrition/ herbal practice.